Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer in Searcy

I live in Searcy. Therefore, there has not been a whole heck of a lot to blog about. Actually, there really has, but no thanks to Searcy. I've neglected to journal or blog or even jot down thoughts about the past 2 months and now I really regret it. I like to look back and see where I've come from and that's easier to do when I write things down. I graduated a little over 2 months ago and already my life is changed completely.

I moved in to the yellow house in Searcy at the end of May and live now with my beloved Chesley. I was nervous to live with someone I didn't really know, but I think we've ended up making great 2nd impressions on each other! ;) She's a great girl and when she leaves me in August I know I'll miss her in this house.

Another change: I started graduate school. Honestly, one of the hardest things I've ever done. Not only because of the work load but because it was the responsible thing to do. I didn't want to leave my friends and family and come to this place for 3 months basically alone. Searcy is a completely different place when you aren't a Harding student anymore and when you're without your closest friends. I knew that this summer would be hard and that it would change me. And it is. I don't know if I can say it's for the better or not, but I do know that I feel myself growing, and I'm learning a lot about myself. These were two of my goals coming into the summer so I'm glad that I'm starting to reach them.


I've only really gone home once in the past month and I won't go home again for another month. That shows how busy my schoolwork is keeping me. I miss my family, but I'm pressing through. Just three more weeks and I'll have a couple weeks at home with no school to weigh me down! I cannot wait!

No comments: