Friday, January 2, 2009

It's a new year...

So it's been a month. Oops. I've been preoccupied with life and nothing too exciting has happened that I've neglected to blog about. I finished my finals and spent a week of doing nothing with my roommates as they finished out their semesters. Ashley and Jes graduated and got moved out after we had one last adventurous (to say the least) night together. It was a sad day when my three roommates smashed into Jes' over-stuffed car and pulled out of the driveway to take Lu to the airport. I felt overwhelmingly lonely that afternoon.

The next day I went home for a week of Christmas fun with my family. This included a sleepover with Jayda during which we played dolls and "horsey". When it came time for bed I realized that I may not want to have children as much as I once thought I did. She refused to fall asleep even though she was obviously tired, and by midnight, I was more than willing to trade spots with Kelly and let her deal with the unruly little princess. Don't get me wrong, I adore Jayda and I've spent the last three years of my life spoiling her with abandon. But anything that interferes with my sleep is enough to make me question my own ability to be a patient momma.

Now I'm back in Searcy, enjoying time to myself in the house. I've been cleaning, resting, and having fun with Adam and Amy. For new year's eve I went out with Amy to her friend's house. Her friends are so country... there was a bonfire and beer and chicken wings. I had a blast... but by around 9 Amy and I were both exhausted and her little step-daughter Madison was beyond ready for bed. By 11, after a quick sonic trip with Adam, I was in my bed fighting to stay awake until Midnight. Am I really that old?

No comments: